Ventilation is one of the most important features of any home. If it is ineffective you can look forward to paying huge energy bills while still enduring the scorching heat from the Australian weather.
There are a lot of different aspects involved in new home construction, and each aspect must meet standards set forth by State and Territory regulatory agencies.
Most people see sky lights as feature pieces or the answer to better lighting in awkwardly designed rooms. However, sky lights provide solutions to two other problems that are common in homes. They can significantly improve ventilation and change the perc
Building a new home? Here’s some of our top tips!
With Summer fast approaching, now is the perfect time to find your inner green thumb and revamp your garden so you can sit back, relax and enjoy Summer.
Smart wiring sounds like a great idea in theory, but how cost effective is it in practice? There are a number of factors to consider outside of installing this wiring system in your home.
When building, or renovating a home, there is many options available when it comes to the furnishings of your new home. Whilst timber is a popular choice amongst homeowners, tiles of many kinds are also popular due to their durability and ease of cleaning
Whether you're building a new home, buying or selling an existing property, renovating or investing, Houspect offers services that can assist you at every stage of your real estate investment.We offer Stage Construction Inspections, Building and Pest inspections and as well as Building Depreciation Inspections.
Construction Inspection & Reports, Professional Construction, New Home & Renovation Inspectors – Why Inspect?
Building a new home or renovating an existing house is a complex process. Sometimes mistakes happen that you may not discover until it’s too late. Most builders are reputable but even the most reliable builder will make an error occasionally. A Houspect construction inspection lets you rest assured that your home is being built to the proper standards.
Stages of Construction Inspections
Houspect Building Inspections have a range of construction inspections to ensure that the method of construction and workmanship on your project are in accordance with Australian and Industry standards. Inspections are usually timed in accordance with the various stages, however we can be called upon at any time you need help.
What a construction inspection provides:
- We check that all the work completed is in accordance with the building plans.
- We check that all components of the building comply with current Australian Standards and Building Codes.
- We ensure that the workmanship is at an industry standard.
- We prepare a typed report listing all items to be rectified by the builder. This report is a legal document and can be used as evidence in court if necessary.
- For your peace of mind, our inspectors will ensure you are really getting what you have requested and paid for from the builder.
- Floor not to specification
- Floor incorrect size
- Floor lower than datum point
- No allowance for plumbing pipes
- Wrong number of brick courses
- Brick laying sub-standard
- Roof frame held together with string (true story)
- Roof covering not installed to manufacturers specification
- Power points too close to wash basin
- Kitchen cupboards not installed to a good standard of workmanship
- These problems do not occur in all houses, we are in business to ensure it doesn’t happen in your home.